VERIFSUITETM is a range of technology-enabled Managed Services under Ademco Security Group and abides under its Personal Data Protection Act Policy. For customers of Electronic Systems Services Corp. (ESSCOR), Ademco’s regional branch in the Philippines, abides by local laws and regulations such as Republic Act No. 10173, also known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
Personal Data Protection Act Policy
This Policy is based on the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 ("PDPA"), the Philippines’ Data Privacy Act of 2012, and all the associated regulations and guidelines as may from time to time be issued by the Personal Data Protection Commission ("PDPC") of Singapore and the National Privacy Commission (“NPC”) of the Philippines.
By providing your personal data to Ademco by you or through your Company or Group of companies (the “Group”), you agree to the terms of this Policy.
Please review this Policy carefully before providing us with any of your personal data.
2. Collection on Personal Data
For the purpose of carrying on Ademco’s business, you may be requested to provide personal data such as, but not limited to, the following, without which it may not be possible to satisfy your request:
- Full Name
- Mobile Number
- Residential Address
- Residential Number
- Personal Email Address
- Passport/IC number
- Bank Account Number
- Credit History
- Date of Birth
- Information on immediate family
- Marital status
3. Use of Personal Data Collected
Ademco either currently uses or may in the future use your personal data for the purposes you have been notified of and consented to or which are not prohibited by applicable law. This includes the following purposes:
- Performing obligations in the course of or in connection with the provision of services
- Verification of identity
- Responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback
- Processing of billing
- For processing of booking arrangements during travels
- Complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority
- Transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third-party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes
- Any other purposes which Ademco may inform you of in writing from time to time, but for which Ademco will seek your separate consent
If we wish to use, disclose, or process your Personal Data for another purpose, we will seek your explicit consent in writing beforehand.
4. Disclosure of Personal Data
All personal data held by Ademco will be kept confidential, but Ademco may provide such information to third parties if it is necessary to satisfy the aforementioned purposes or a directly related purpose.
5. Withdrawal of Consent
6. Access and Correction of Personal Data
7. Accuracy of Personal Data
Ademco keeps personal data as accurate, complete and up to date as possible, by taking into account its use and the interests of our customers. The data provided will be validated by making references to generally accepted practices and guidelines. This includes the requests to see original documentation before using your personal data.
8. Protection of Personal Data
Ademco protects personal data against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification with security protection measures which are appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal data.
However, with the existing protection measures in place to protect your personal data, you will appreciate that it is not for us to perfectly secure your personal data from cyber-attacks, such as hacking, spyware and viruses. On that account, you will not hold us liable for any unauthorized disclosure, loss or destruction of your personal data arising from such risks.
9. Retention of Personal Data
Ademco will retain your personal data only for as long as the purposes for which the data is collected or used (as notified to you) continues, or where necessary for our legal or business purposes. Thereafter, Ademco will delete or destroy the personal data, or restrict access to data which can be associated with you.
10.Transfer of Personal Data Outside of Singapore
We have taken steps to ensure that appropriate levels of protection necessary to maintain the security and integrity of your personal data are in place. In addition, any data transferred outside of Singapore is processed only in accordance with the PDPA and any other applicable law.
Changes to Policy
We reserve the right to modify or change this Policy at any time. The Effective Date, as stated above, indicates the last time this policy was materially revised. Please refer to this page for any changes and updates to our Policy regarding our handling of your personal data